After a long winter, even here in TX ( I still can believe I was wearing a sweater in May) It is feeling like summer! It is time for cotton summer dress and of course denim cutoffs
Category Archives: Styling tip
I love Houston, but one thing I would change about it is the hot humid months (that sometime can be 10 months long!) Because of the hot weather we have to find options to look fabulous and stay cool and fresh. When it comes to dressing up its gets a bit boring to always be wearing a dress so why not change it to a dress up shorts?
Here are some tips that can help you look amazing wearing your dress up short outfit
- Linen, silk, and cotton are great summer fabric options. Even thought tweed and lace are more for fall, they are great options for summer shorts.
- Short should have a tailored look.
- This are not pants so fit should be easy.
- Blazer and Jackets look amazing with this look, but during the hot day a cotton button down shirt is a great option. Make sure tuck the shirt in for a crisp look, or for a more modern look just tock in the front.
Personally one of the most difficult things in fashion is wearing prints. 90% of the clothes in my closet are solids but I really would like to venture to more exciting prints. If you have the same issue, here are some tips that might help us;
- This is one of the most important things to know about prints. Wear bigger prints in the smaller areas of your body and smaller prints where you are bigger. In my case since I have a pear shape body I would wear bigger prints on top and smaller on the bottom.
- Keep accessories simple and solid. The print is going to be your attention grabbing piece, you don’t need anything earls to overwhelm your look.
- Mixing prints is always a bit scary, but it can look oh so chic! When mixing, stay with the same type of print, for example floral with floral. Also it is important for the prints to have one color in common.
If you are looking for an edgy look, sleeveless is the option for you! In my opinion skinny pants are the best thing to pair the button down with. If you want more edge choose a more leathery option.
This looks can have a vintage 60s feeling with the right modern edge. Here is what you need to get the look
For this look I decided to use a short sleeve button down. I use to never pick this type of shirts because they reminded me of my private school days, back in elementary school. Thanks to Alexa Chung I started to open my heart to this style of shirt and find new modern ways to wear it, without looking like a school kid.
Button the top buttons and add a chunky statement necklace for a modern look. Here is what you need to get the look
A button down shirt is an essential element on your wardrobe. It is a classic piece that would never go out of style. Because of its timeless element, the classic white button down might be a bit difficult to turn in to up to date more modern looks.
On this series I would show you how to incorporate different styles of button downs, in to a fabulous look.
Today let’s start with a Classic Button down shirt and a skirt
Because of its classic elements this is very sophisticated but simple look. Here is what you need to get the look
An always classic and stylish, the dress shirt comes back this season with a clean and modern twist.
- This is a very minimalistic look, so try to keep your accessories clean and neutral.
- You don’t always have to tuck it in the shirt.
- A full skirt is the best way to pair the dress shirt with
- Sometime the shirt can be long enough to be worn as a dress. But make sure it is not too short!